How It Works
Shemzy is a web site that lets
you advertise at no cost your unnecessary belongings that you want to give away
or your need of a certain item to people in your country or across the globe.
So, instead of being thrown away, unused belongings that clutter someone's cellar
and life can be granted a second life and be used again.
It is very important to say that all the items on this web site must be offered for free, as we are not a marketplace.
If you have belongings that you don't need, you can use the filter to find ads by people who are looking for exactly what you want to give away. If you find such an ad, you can send a message to its creator through the site's messaging system and discuss the most convenient way of delivering your belongings to the that person. If you don't find a suitable ad, then you can create an ad for the items you want to give away and wait for someone to contact you. To reduce the waiting, we encourage you to share your ad with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
If you are in need of a specific item, you can use the filter to find ads by people who are giving away exactly what you need. If you find such an ad, you can send a message to its creator through the site's messaging system and ask them how you can get it. If you don't find a suitable ad, you can create an ad for the item you are looking for and wait for someone to contact you. To reduce the waiting, we encourage you to share your ad with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
It is important to emphasize that:
- The Site is not responsible for the correctness and authenticity of the ads which the user publish.
- Ads with insulting, vulgar or uncensored content are not allowed on the Site. Such ads will be deleted. If you notice such an ad, you can report it via the Report Ad link on the ad view page.
- The site does not engage in any way with the agreements between users for handing over and receiving the items from the ads. The responsibility for the correct and timely delivery of the agreed item is of the user who gives it away.
If you or a person, family or an institution you know about is in an arduous financial or social state, you can request the creation of a donation campaign in favour of you or them on our site. We will process your request, we will potentially contact you in case we need additional information, and we will create a donation campaign which will be visible by all users and visitors of our web site. Anyone who is able and willing to help with a donation of any kind can contact the person or institution in need directly on the phone number and/or email provided by them and arrange the sending of the donation to them.
If you are able and willing to help with a donation of any kind for a certain campaign, you can directly contact the person or institution in need on the phone number and/or email provided by them to learn more about their status, to consider if and how you can help them and to arrange the sending of the donation to them.
It is important to emphasize that:
- Although we strive to assess the authenticity of each donation campaign request, we cannot fully guarantee that the information provided to us is completely true. Anyone who is willing to help, can contact the person, family or institution in need from a certain campaign on the phone number and/or email provided by them and personally make a decision if and how he or she can help.
- We do not collect donations of any kind for any of the donation campaigns on our site and we do not allocate donations. All donations for the people, families or institutions in need from the donation campaigns on our site are transfered or sent directly to them by the people who make the donations, after both sides have had direct communication on that.
- Shemzy does not engage in any way with the communication and arrangements between the donors and the people or institutions in need from the donation campaigns on the site.